Vicious Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vicious Circle

I welcome thee to our little circle

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Video Games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sltungle
Admin
sltungle

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:17 pm

While this should be a pretty much one sided 'debate' (and I'm almost certain it will be), what do people think about video games?

Frankly when people like Jack Thompson come along and think that they should set the bar it pisses me off. There's nothing wrong with (most) video games. I can see how the game Bully could be slightly over the top (because people are more likely to beat up other people than they are to knock them over before getting out of their car and shooting everyone within a 2 block radius dead).

People like Jack Thompson neglect to even mention the plot, gameplay can only reflect on what the plot, what is needed to be done. When I play a game like Half-Life or Halo I expect to need to kill some people, hell it's fun... but it's not exactly like I'd (without a damn good point) go around killing people for no reason.

What are other peoples thoughts on video games?

Last edited by on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_MaN_dUH

A_MaN_dUH

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 6:09 pm

i thnk that sum video games like shooting ones r very not good for children to play. because they might not understand that u cant do that in the real world. believe me i love video games (been playing since i was 2) but i cant play shooting ones for too long with out feeling sick. sum video games r ok. its just up to the parnets to supervise witch one is good for there children
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/queenristu/index.htm
FeDuS

FeDuS

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:04 pm

My opinion on this is quite simple, and sometimes can be a little harsh.
I think that if someone cannot separate reality from fiction...that person needs a soft cell. Just as simple as it sounds. But if its about little children, then their parents are fully responsible of what the childrens are playing.
I know about violence debates and age restrictions over some contents of games and movies. And i think its really ok. but talking about grown ups and stuff... if you read the newspaper... please all that shooting and killing cant be because of video games. I think that is more easy to say "Games fault" to say "im guilty of not taking the necesary time to watch over my children" so games don make violent child... people makes violent child.
Back to top Go down
http://angelofsorrowkaipiroshka.spaces.live.com/
sltungle
Admin
sltungle

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:53 am

Man, you put it perfectly. If they can't seperate the two they need to be locked up in a white padded cell (or a black one, that'd be softer on the eyes).

The only sane people that I don't think are able to tell the two apart are very young children. My mates parents let his little sister (about three at the time) watch whatever she wanted... actually it wasn't so much letting her watch it as they didn't give a shit what she did.

Basically she ended up watching Scream and chasing people in the streets with a massive knife (again while she was about three four)... she was a wee psychopath anyway.

Then again the reason games may get a bad reputation is because somebody commits a murder (usually it'd be a mass murder that would do this), doesn't want to face the and tries the insanity plea. Blame it on the games and you get off with a nice comfy cell.
Back to top Go down
FeDuS

FeDuS

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:18 am

GODDAMM RIGHT!

Lets say that if you are not sane , Mario Brothers its your only choice (unless you will be jumping into the short people's head)
--------------------------------------------------------------
By the way.... ever played Jericho? (clive barker is a genius)
Back to top Go down
sltungle
Admin
sltungle

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:09 pm

Nah, man. If people play Mario and they can't tell reality and games apart then they're gonna end up getting stuck in some point and costing some people a lot of money.

THEY'LL KILL INNOCENT TORTOISES AND GOOMBAS!... oh, wait... Goombas don't exist *blushes thinking how stupid I must sound*.
Back to top Go down
A_MaN_dUH

A_MaN_dUH

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 1:42 pm

i agree with both of u. believe me i grew up playing mario. oh the good days. but yeah if they cnt seperate the lalala world frm the real world then they need sum help.
Back to top Go down
sltungle
Admin
sltungle

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:31 am

Yeah. Sometimes I get so drawn into a game that I forget that it's not reality, although then I realize it isn't... sometimes I wish it was, but that's not the case. No body in the right mind is dumb enough to shoot people dead anyway because they did it in a game (doing it at all is just dumb).
Back to top Go down
A_MaN_dUH

A_MaN_dUH

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 10:38 am

yeah sumtimes that happens to me too.. specially if ive been playing the game all day long. but come on if u really think u can shoot sumbdy in real life and get away with it like u do in games then u gotta be nuts.... i dnt mind like the shooting video games or violent (even tho i cant play them for long cuz they make me sick) but if there not mature enough they shouldnt be playing them... thats the way i see it.
Back to top Go down
FeDuS

FeDuS

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Only a nuts is capable of slain a entire family with a sword cos he saw it on a video game ( that actually hapened in spain a bout 5 or 6 years ago )... Man... cant tell reality from Fabtasy? so, SOFT CELL.
Back to top Go down
A_MaN_dUH

A_MaN_dUH

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:14 pm

true i totally agree with u. who in there right mind try that.. soft cell is sooo correct..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games   Video Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Games
Page 1 of 1